Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmas Eve

Our next Christmas celebration was Christmas Eve.  We began our festivities at church, with the Children's Candlelight Service at Trinity.  I was in charge of the music for this service and have several special things in the works.  Faith and I sang a few duets as prelude, and they went so well.  She is such an intuitive musician, and it was really fun to have the opportunity to sing with such a talented singer.  I also had Elsa and Tatiana play their piano solos as prelude.  They did beautifully and I'm glad they are willing to share their talents at Church in this way.  I also had a cello join us for the congregational hymns.  It was a nice addition and I'm really proud of how the music sounded on this special night.  Christmas and Easter services can be so stressful to coordinate that music for, but it is so rewarding when things go off without a hitch!

After Church, we headed to Eric's Aunt Debbie and Uncle Rick's house for the annual Christmas Eve gathering.  We had good food and it was really fun watching the little cousins play together.  They had a great time, and so did the adults as we did our White Elephant gift exchange. 







We also celebrated Grandma Ruby's 87th Birthday.  I hope that I can do half of things she can do when I get to be 87.  She is remarkable. Aunt Jackie made her beautiful cake and it was absolutely stunning.




I can't believe how well our kids did, especially considering we didn't get home until around 10.  But as soon as we got home, we put out our cookies for Santa and headed to bed to rest up for our big Christmas morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment