Thursday, December 29, 2016

Santa Bear


Being a high class lady, my Grandma Edie always collected the Dayton's Santa Bears.  She loved shopping there, and eventually worked for them as the store evolved to Marshall Field's and Macy's.  She got her first Santa Bear in 1986, when I would've only been two years old.  All of the cousins excitedly looked forward to each year's new addition to play with when we went to Grandma's house.  One of the bears I most vividly remember was the 1987 edition Pilot Santa Bear.  (That's him on the right of that picture of the cousins and bears in 1988.)  I loved his googles and his cool leather jacket and hat. 


Fast forward 30 years, and Grandma Edie still got all of her Santa Bears out for the kids to play with this Christmas.  She has quite a collection now, and as a special treat, each great grandchild got to pick one to bring home.  I may have selfishly not told Nolan that he got his choice, because I was determined that Pilot Santa Bear was going to come to live at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment